The 'Why?'

To find out what this journey is about, start with the beginning, the 'Intro' post.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

The last time I fished

It is on my list of things I need to learn how to do.  Or, re-learn, if you will.  I haven't fished since I was about 10 years old, and here is why:

We were camping at Hog Bayou, this time we were on the side of the river with the boat ramp.  Only, they had sort of made a dirt barge across the end of it so boats couldn't use the boat ramp.  That is where I decided to cast out my line.

So there I was, skinny little kid, sitting on a pile of dirt at the end of a boat ramp near a river, quietly fishing.   But then I saw it.  I wasn't sure at first.  But sure enough...

 
 Coming right at me!   Of course, I screamed, chunked my fishing pole at it, and went hollering for daddy, my savior.
 
There was an alligator in the river.  It was probably 10 feet from me before I saw it.  There was no ripples, just those eyes coming towards me.
 
Some other campers had some teenagers with them who decided it would be fun to catch it in their nets.  So they were on the bridge tossing over the net to catch it and they were successful.  They hoisted it up in the air and I about keeled over, it was big.  Scary!  Little kids were all around camping there, it could have been a bad scene.  It was almost me.
 
And that is the story of the last time I went fishing.
 
 
 
 
#Camping  #Stories

No comments: