The 'Why?'

To find out what this journey is about, start with the beginning, the 'Intro' post.

Monday, January 5, 2015

McVan-o-rama

I have been looking off and on at vans for months now.  Got out and about today to see if there was anything local, there wasn't.  I did, however, see a bunch I would consider that were already on the road and in driveways, but I doubt I can talk them in to selling them to a perfect stranger for what I want to pay.  I can dream, right?

Have been going back and forth in my mind between different styles.  I think I am set on one, then another thought pops into my mind on a different type and I second guess myself.  Just shut up brain, will ya?!!  

Right now I feel like a full sized van is for me.  Less cramped and comfy.  Will be trading the lesser gas mileage for more comfort.  After all, I will be living out of it while traveling.

But with the many, many used mini vans I see listed for sale I can't help but wonder if that is a better option.  Certainly most are better on gas.  Gas is good right now, I know.  Today I filled up my little car, and gas was under $2 a gallon!  Heck yeah!!   Haven't seen it that low in a long, long time.  But I know it is only short lived and the gas prices will just inch back up again.  But the size inside, just don't know if I can make it work being all cramped up.   Some of these trips will be alone so that would be do-able.  Some will not be alone and will be tenting it some, so with another person and doggies and tent gear and such,  am not sure if a mini van would work.

Since I do plan on keeping this van for a long time, should really just ignore the mpg aspect and concentrate on the comfort aspect.   That's what my head tells me.  Well.. that's what it tells me today, anyways.

If I can just order up what I want and pick up my order that would be awesome!!   Like pull in to a drive-thru..  order what you want..  pull forward to the window, pay, and boom! there's the perfect van.  Name the place 'McVan-o-rama!'

"Hello, I'd like to order a full size conversion van, one with the taller top, with a good running motor and I don't want to spend too much for it, please."

"So you would like one all beef van, full size with mustard, conversion with the taller top combo, strong running motor, the budget menu item, and a side of fries?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay, that will be $2,000, please pull forward to the next window."

Boom!  Done!  Now was that so hard?  I can dream, right?  haha

 
 
 
 
#VanConversion