The 'Why?'

To find out what this journey is about, start with the beginning, the 'Intro' post.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Planning January Trip

I know it's only November, but I am already planning my upcoming trip to Arizona this next January.  :)

-The place:  Near Quartzite, Arizona

-The reason:  Annual gathering of people for the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous

-The purpose:  To attend the seminars, meet the many wonderful people I have gotten to know, check out the desert

-The stay: About two weeks boondocking in the desert

-The companion:  My co-pilot, Chevy, as far as I know (although my mom has threatened to go)

-The route:  Will take the more southern route along Highway 10 to avoid more of the nastier weather that may appear on Interstate 40

-The miles:  About 1140 miles one way.  Plus driving in between to nearby towns for supplies.  Will be splitting this into a few days to get there and back.

-The Hula planting:  I know for sure one will be planted in nearby Blythe, California.  This is the town John lived in up until 6th grade.  We went through there in 2001 and he showed me his house and the town and told me his growing up memories.  With the help of his sister, I am planting one in that town.  For Arizona, not sure yet.  But I will be planting one on this trip, I am hoping a spot just inspires me.

No comments: