The 'Why?'

To find out what this journey is about, start with the beginning, the 'Intro' post.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My Unofficial 'Job'

I occasionally help out at my sister's RV dealership by cleaning trade-in 5th wheels.  It's not steady or anything, but it does put a few bucks in my pocket and it helps them out.

Man, those things are nice!!  Compared to being inside my Van Halen, it's like a palace!  :)  So much space!   Most of their business caters to retiree's looking to downsize and start snowbirding.  (Snowbirding: going south in the winter and north in the summer, chasing better weather).  With your accommodations on wheels, that is totally possible!!  Some people sell their home and most of their stuff and go full-timing and some keep a home base and take off when it suits them.  Such freedom!  :D

My sister and her hubby have a pretty successful business, I'm very proud of them!  They started with just a few used RV's about 10 years ago and have built up a business themselves to being one of the top sellers of the DRV brand in the nation.  Internationally, even.

So here's a huge shout out to my family who started their own business on THEIR terms and are doing great and still loving it!!  Way to go!!



No comments: